Play to see my Teapot Collection in a Whole New Way!

Monday, May 19, 2008

Warm Fuzzies and Teapots!

Teapots, what makes people get that warm, fuzzy, comfort feeling when we look at them? You may be different but for me they represent being loved and being cared for by Mom. Do you remember when you were young and home sick from school with a tummy ache or sore throat? What a nice feeling of being cared for when Mom would bring hot tea and dry toast or chicken soup to help us feel better. Even though a teapot was not part of my memory anything related to tea brings back that warm, fuzzy feeling of being loved by my Mom. There were other times too that I recall having tea and being comforted. When I was 18 I had a job about 15 – 20 miles from home and was "chased" most of the way home by what I now believe to be an unmarked police car but at the time, it was just some guy driving crazy (or crazier than me) and I couldn't get away from him. Needless to say when I finally got away and made my way home, I was shaking all over and was totally freaked out. My mom offered me a hug and a cup of tea in her good china. I remember, at the time, thinking I could use something a lot stronger than tea but being under the drinking age, I accepted the tea. I was amazed at how much calmer I felt sitting there sipping tea. Once again, the warm fuzzies come to mind.

No comments: